Pages

Tuesday 7 June 2011

Musings - Holding out for a hero...

When I was fifteen I caught my first glance of Mr Darcy, Colin Firth style, and fell in love with costume drama heroes. I don't know if it is the outfits, the pompousness or the (usually) healthy bank balance but there is just something about a brooding gentleman unbuttoning his collar that makes me... entertained.

So after some thought I decided to share my favourites...

Captain Frederick Wentworth
(Ciaran Hinds / Rupert Penry Jones)
Pro: He will love you across distance and time, swoon.
Con: Being a sailor he will always be working away, darn it.

Mr Edward Rochester
(Toby Stephens / Michael Fassbender)
Pro: Dark, brooding and very intense.
Con: Well... there is the problem of his mad wife in the attic.

Mr John Thornton
(Richard Armitage)
Pro: Northern bit of rough with his own business.
Con: His Mother is bit of an interfering old crone.

Mr Fitzwilliam Darcy
(Colin Firth / Matthew Macfadyen)
Pro: Erm... he's rich?
Con: Does "not have the talent of conversing easily with people I have never met before"... so a bit dull really.

After much consideration I have decided that Mr Rochester is my favourite for his intense demeanor and desperate need he has for the woman he loves. :)

That attic door is locked, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on... say it. :) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...